Online Metallic Cartridge Training Course
DISCLAIMER: THIS COURSE IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE NRA. While the instructor is certified to teach the live NRA course in-person, this online course is offered exclusively by Reloading Basics, LLC.
This is an entire course in metallic cartridge reloading, hosted by Joel F. Guerin, a Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor and author of "Things They Don't Tell You About Reloading." Covered in this course are individually scheduled live classes (limited to a maximum of 10 participants per class) including:
- #1: Cases - structure, styles, condition, sourcing, sorting, cleaning, prepping, etc. The one component that is actually reused multiple times.
- #2: Powder, Bullets, and Primers - the specifics about the other components needed for metallic cartridge reloading.
- #3: Equipment - what is necessary, what is optional. Covers presses, dies, priming devices, scales, lubes, calipers, manuals, etc.
- #4: Primers and Priming - a more in-depth discussion of one of the more dangerous aspects of reloading. Unlike powder, which is technically an accelerant, primers are a true explosive. Chain ignitions represent one of the biggest hazards in reloading.
- #5: Load Development - what manuals to use and how. What constitutes a safe minimum load, and the true definition of a maximum load. Includes a detailed review of pressure, signs of excessive pressure, signs of headspace problems, how to develop a load, bullet and powder selections, and what components can - and cannot - be safely substituted.
- #6: Powder Measuring - accurate powder measuring is done to 1/70,000th of a pound! (1/10th of a grain.) Learn how to do it accurately and safely.
- #7: Reloading Pistol Cartridges - a complete review and live demonstration of pistol cartridges being loaded from load development, case prep and sizing, priming, powder measuring, charging the cases, bullet seating, crimping, and final inspection.
- #8: Reloading Rifle Cartridges - The same course as above, for a popular rifle cartridge.
Purchase of this course entitles the student to a free copy of "Things They Don't Tell You About Reloading" and registration in all eight classes, given at an assortment of dates and times to accommodate most schedules. Email Joel.Guerin@ReloadingBasics.com for availability.